We are all experienced parents of deaf or hard of hearing children.
We are ready to support you in parenting your own child.
Make a referral to the Guide program here:
Guides are assigned by county, or by specialty depending on the needs of the requesting family.
Jami Fries – Guide By Your Side Coordinator
- Jami Fries, Parent Guide (NE and statewide assigned counties)
- Brenda Elliott, Parent Guide (Pikes Peak and assigned counties)
- Kelly Fernandez-Kroyer, Parent Guide (UHL, Jefferson County and assigned counties)
- Sara Kennedy – Parent Guide and Executive Director
(Four Corners and assigned counties)
719-650-3159 Colorado Springs office
Western Slope Parent Ambassadors
- Chresta Brinkman – UHL /Microtia – Steamboat Springs
- Alicia Pedroza – Bilateral loss, Deaf/hh Plus – Grand Junction
- Jodi Dietrich – Bilateral loss, multiple kids – Glenwood Springs
– Statewide Specialty Coordinators –
Statewide Unilateral Parent Guide
- Kelly Fernandez-Kroyer
Statewide Spanish Speaking Parent Guides
- Position closed pending new funding
Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind
- Family Involvement Coordinator, School for the Deaf
Melissa Shular, Phone 719-229-9983, email: email@example.com
The Partner Project: A Cultural Connection for Families
This project, a joint project with the Colorado Association of the Deaf and Rocky Mountain Deaf School through the Colorado Commission of the Deaf/hard of hearing/Deafblind grant has been closed due to lack of funding. Thank you to Carmela Roybal, Partner Project Coordinator for five years of quality service with families, recruiting, training, and supervising a diverse set of Partners to meet Colorado families and school programs.
The Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind has received grant funds through the EHDI Alliance to create a Deaf/hh mentor program, April 2020 which we hope will also be inclusive of diverse backgrounds, hearing levels, communication modes and geographic location.
Ambassadors: We are always looking for H&V parents to act as supports to regions and centerbased programs.
Contact the GBYS Coordinator if interested in this or any other volunteer opportunity.
Sara Kennedy – Executive Director
Colorado Springs office
5255 Saddle Drive, Colo Springs, CO 80918
Jeannene Evenstad – Administrative Assistant
Colorado Hands & Voices
P. O. Box 3093
Boulder, CO 80307